New Year, New Start. As 2022 comes, it's time to make a reflection, change your study plan and goals. Recently, I have made some updates on my study system.
I have made a lot of achievements so far in 2021 under heavy pressure and more courses, but there is still something to be improved in the new year.
My Reflection in 2021
First, I am going to tell you my reflections on 2021. While there are still some improvements to be made later on, I have made a lot of achievements.
Reflection plays an important role for students because they can make room for some improvements while studying.
You can make reflections at the end of the lesson, day, week, month and year. This will encourage and motivate you to be better.
During 2021, I have made a lot of achievements and prizes. This means my scores are relatively high comparing with other students.
|April 2021||The First 25% of CCC Computer Competition (Junior)|
|June 2021||Distinction of OUCC Computer Competition (Senior)|
|July 2021||Scholarship in Oxbridge Summer School|
|August 2021||Entered Oxbridge College at School|
|Got 6 A* 1 A in IGCSE International Exam|
|Made several English Internet Friends (bloggers and YouTubers) with my Interests (Computer Science, Sharing Study Tips)|
|September 2021||Elected as a Student Union Member - an Inspector of Disciplines|
|November 2021||Got an iPhone 13 Pro and Apple Watch 7 as Gifts|
|December 2021||Got 6.5 (6.0 per component) in the IELTS exam (Just one more step in any component (+0.5) to 7.0)|
|More than Once||Award of Academic Excellence|
|Award of Former of Disciplines|
|The First Rank in Computer Science in the Whole Grade|
Things to be Improved in 2022
I have listed several things that need to be improved in this year. My amended plan, daily goals and final goals will be described below.
- Grades of Standaised Exam
- Grades of IELTS Exam (including each component)
- Level of Competitions
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) and Research
- Entrance Exams and Interview
- Communication and Collaboration Skills
- Quality of my Website and Articles (Public Resources)
My 2022 Daily Goals
Last Updated: 27 October 2022 (from November 2022)
Study Tasks (Academic Subjects)
- 📚 Read books of academic subjects, including academic articles and IELTS reading, but not IELTS writing (15, 15; minutes)
- 📚 Read books of academic subjects, including academic articles and IELTS reading, but not IELTS writing (1, 1; chapters)
- 💡 Use "Active Recall + (Plus)" methodology to recall learned knowledge points (4, 1)
- 📝 Practise Graph Sketching Questions (3, 1, questions)
Study Tasks (English Language)
- 📒 Remember English words and get Quizlet Study Streak, including vocabulary of subjects and vocabulary revision (10, 10)
- 📒 Use English words and/or Grammar Points Remembered Recently, including vocabulary revision with sentences making (10, 10)
- 💬 Use Idioms while Speaking English (2; 2)
- 📣 Speak English (200, 200; sentences)
- ✍️ Write English (400, 400; sentences)
- 📚 Read English books or English news, including books related to major, IELTS reading/writing, and English articles. (15, 15; minutes)
- 📚 Read English books or English news, including books related to major, IELTS reading/writing, and English articles. (1, 1; chapters)
- 🎧 Listen to English audio or English speech/lecture, including IELTS listening, and vlogs on YouTube, but not music, telephone calls and talks (0, 30; minutes)
- 🎧 Be mindful about Pronunciation and Fluency while Listening to English Audio (0; 80; %)
- 📹 Watch English vlogs without captions (0, 30; minutes)
- 📣 Practise IELTS speaking, including (mock) interview (2, 1; topics)
- 💬 Be mindful about Speed, Pronunciation and Fluency while Speaking (80; 80; %)
Free Time Tasks
- 💬 Chat with friends using English, including Internet friends, Siri, blog/vlog comments, telephone calls, text messages (3, 3)
Any Time Tasks
- ➡️ Make the Move ring on Apple Watch closed (500; 500; Kcal)
- 🚴♀️ Take exercise and make the Exercise ring on Apple Watch closed (30; 30; minutes)
- 🧍♀️ Make the Stand ring on Apple Watch closed (12; 12; hours)
My 2022 Final Goals
In 2022, I will introduce a new study tool: Final Goals. Although we can trace our study situations with daily goals checklist, we will also need some final goals to have huge achievements.
Achieved goals will be indicated as green. One-time goals* that are failed to achieve will be indicated as grey.
* Note: One-time goals are the activity involved that can only be participated in ONCE only in this year.
- IELTS Band 7.0 (6.5 per component) (partly achieved on 12 March)
- Get higher prizes in CCC Competitions (Result: Junior top 6%)
- Get higher prizes in OUCC Competitions (any prize in Elite) (Result: Elite Top 50%)
- Get prizes in ACSL Competition (any prize) (Result: Individual Top Scores)
- Get A or A* on EPQ (Result: A*)
- Get 3 a (all AS subjects, 2 subjects >= 90% except for Further Maths) in AS International Exam (including School-assessed Score for the exam cancellation) (Result: 3a (>= 90%))
- Get A* on A Level Mathematics (9709) (Result: A*)
Using Study Planner
I usually use Ken’s Study Planner as an electronic form of my study plans and goals. I can manage my goals, upcoming projects and events, and items checklist on it.
It is now opened for registration by the public, so you can sign up for an account and plan your study journey.
These are my study plan, daily goals and final goals for the new 2022. I hope you can have a better study journey this year.
Ken's Study Journey strives to provide high-quality articles about my tips and tutorials to study productively, together with some knowledge explanations. If you need help, I am here for you.
Subscribe to my email newsletter if you want to receive my latest articles, study tips, and news.