Last Updated: 25 Aug. 2023 (Effective since 1 Sep. 2023)
Most recent updated items are shown in blue.
Privacy & Cookies Policy | Terms of Service
Hello there! I am Ken and welcome to Ken's Study Journey!
In order to maintain a quiet, comfortable, and safe study environment, I made my Terms of Service to regulate user behaviours while using my services. You should read carefully before use.
My services will not only comply with relevant laws and regulations but also be friendly to you and be a service provider you enjoy.
To improve clarity, for the parts on these Terms following relevant law(s) and regulation(s), if any, the name(s) and section number(s) of the law/regulation text may be labelled wherever possible.
This Terms of Service will describe:
- What are allowed and not allowed to do on my services;
- Copyright and licensing of my projects;
- What are covered and not covered in my liability;
- The measures to be taken if you violate the Terms of Service;
- Regulations I comply with.
You may read the Simplified Version to briefly understand the content. However, please read the full text for full legal requirements.
1. About my Services
This is a contract between Ken Deng and Ken’s Study Journey (‘I’, ‘me’, and ‘my’) and the user (‘you’).
Ken’s Study Journey is the brand name of my (Ken Deng’s) public resources and services of my study tips and experience.
My services include:
- Ken’s Study Journey website (www.kenstudyjourney.cn);
- Ken’s Study Planner website (planner.kenstudyjourney.cn) and app (coming soon in 2024);
- Ken’s Study Internet of Things (IoT) (coming soon);
- Ken’s Study Newsletter;
- Activities organised by me.
This document applies to all of my services.
By clicking the “Agree” button and using my services, you consent that you agree with such policies.
If you do not agree with them, you shall unsubscribe from all of my content and stop using my services.
My servers run 24 hours a day and you may use my services at any time, such as morning, afternoon, evening and even midnight.
The headquarters and main servers of Ken’s Study Journey are in Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, People’s Republic of China (PRC).
2. Who can Use my Services?
Anyone at any age can use my services.
If you are a kid under 12 years old inclusive, you should use my services under the supervision and guidance of your parents.
If you are a parent and you allow your children to use my services, you should supervise them with obedience to my Terms of Service, letting them use my services in an appropriate way.
If you are a hacker, you shall report the bugs and vulnerabilities found in my services to me and/or authorities required by laws and regulations. You shall not disrupt the order of or destroy my services, or disclose the vulnerabilities publicly until they are resolved.
Users shall not use completely incognito and anonymisation Internet access tools which cannot be investigated, including but not limited to Tor, but not including regular browser incognito mode and proxies. My services do not and never include domain names or Internet addresses dedicated to such tools, including but not limited to ‘.onion’ domain names.
I speak English and Chinese (Simplified, Mandarin (简体中文)). You can send me comments and messages in both languages. The main language of my services is English.
With the following exceptions of English-only services, all other services are available in both languages:
- Ken’s Study Journey Audio Articles;
- My videos and vlogs.
You may choose a language suitable for you, or use translators or translation apps to translate them into the language you are speaking.
You may report mistakes in languages, including but not limited to English grammatical, spelling, pronunciation and language translation errors. I will correct them with my maximum effort.
I use my maximum effort to translate most parts of my services correctly. However, there is no warranty that all information is translated correctly. The English version shall take control in case of any translation errors unless noted otherwise.
4. Study and Learn from Me
You may disassemble my programs and apps described as ‘free software’ or ‘open-source software’. Such codes obtained shall be used for studying or doing research..
You may make friends with me and/or share your personal experiences and study effectively. For example, you can send comments and/or emails.
You are allowed to use spider and web crawler programs to crawl publicly-displayed content on my services, provided you obey the rules listed in the robots.txt file. However, you shall not crawl any private information, including but not limited to accounts, passwords, email addresses, and API keys.
Spiders, robots and crawlers should include “bot”, “spider” and/or “crawl” keywords in the “User-agent” HTTP request header to avoid interference to the website statistical data.
Anyone may use my services at any time, regardless of their gender, age, racism, country/region, IP addresses MAC addresses, ISP (AS number), browser, operating system (e.g. Windows, macOS), brand or model of devices, screen size, etc.
However, according to Section 2 above, in order not to harm my website security, I may block/ban IP addresses of the Tor network.
All users and devices are treated equally and they have the equal right to enjoy all services. I shall not discriminate against any users.
My services will function only with Internet access, except for Ken’s Study Planner app installed on your devices.
All components of my services are deemed as international (worldwide) versions. They do not contain any country/region-specific versions. For example, your comment posted on my website may be visible to visitors outside your country/region.
However, unfortunately, while using my services in some countries/regions:
- There is no guarantee that my services are accessible in all other countries/regions (e.g. it may not be accessible due to Internet Shutdown in your region);
- There may be an increased Internet latency (100ms to 300ms) when using my services, especially Ken’s Study IoT devices, outside server locations and adjacent countries/regions.
I understand that certain third-party services and platforms (including but not limited to YouTube and Instagram) may be inaccessible while my services are accessible in some countries/regions.
For this reason, I may store a copy of my content posted on third-party platforms on my web servers.
I understand that there may be many visits under the same IP address in a short time. For example, the number of visits may surge in case of sharing of my website at a school by students and/or teachers.
For this reason, I do not place rate limits on the number of requests on any IP address. I also do not place limits on the number of characters on your password and content, the number of devices signed in and used simultaneously on your account, the number of physical devices added on Ken’s Study IoT, and the number of items, including projects and events, you add on Ken’s Study Planner, provided that they do not exceed server database storage limits.
I use my skills and maximum effort to help others on studying, by solving others’ problems, interpreting my content in an understandable format, providing personal advice, making tutorials, and generating personal ideas.
You may request assistance at any time by contacting me on the contact page unless I do not have free time. This is completely free of charge.
7. User Account
User Account (‘Account’) is the identity (ID) representing each user granting access to Ken’s Study Journey services.
You do not need an account for browsing my website, sending comments, liking or voting on my articles, or using Ken’s Study Planner app installed on your devices.
However, you will be required to create an account to use certain services, including but not limited to Ken's Study Planner web version and Ken’s Study IoT.
You shall provide and verify your currently-using email addresses when creating an account to verify your identity to recover your account or reset your password later.
You may use false names or nicknames provided you do not impersonate others. Your account names/nicknames shall comply with Section 8 in China Internet User Account Information Administration Regulation. This means the names/nicknames shall not contain prohibited content.
To prevent users from using false or non-existent email addresses, I reserve the right to validate the MX (email server) DNS records on the email domain names. My system and I also reserve the right to take measures for such fraudulent users, including but not limited to deleting your comments and refusing to send email verification codes.
You are required to make security configurations on your account and ensure their confidentiality, including but not limited to passwords and/or two-factor authentication.
To enhance account security and trace unauthorised access (also known as Hacking), my servers may send you login reminders and retain activity logs for a limited time.
In order to alleviate the burden on my servers and enhance account security, you may be logged out from a device if you do not use it for more than 180 days. However, your account will be retained on my servers and you can log in again to continue using it.
I shall have no responsibility for any data loss on your accounts from any user operations, except for the server-side errors and configurations.
You shall immediately report any unauthorised or suspicious access and/or operations on your account to Ken’s Study Journey.
You may subscribe to my email newsletter to get my latest articles and news. You have the right, at any time, to cancel your subscription at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” in the footer of any email.
The subscriptions are completely free of charge.
In the event of a cancellation request regarding your subscriptions, such operations, including but not limited to the removal of your email address, shall be executed accordingly and immediately.
The new content notifications will be sent to the subscribers by the system automatically. I shall not modify the subscriber details of my newsletter without your permission or send spam emails to the subscribers.
I shall not leak your email addresses without your permission and you may use some privacy protection measures, including but not limited to Apple's iCloud+ Hide My Email.
Note: I have temporarily turned off the Comment function for safety reasons (e.g. to prevent using false/non-existent email addresses).
You may send comments on my articles to express your opinions, ideas, or suggestions. However, you must not send prohibited content listed in Section 15 below.
I only accept comments in English and Chinese (both Simplified and Traditional) and I will reply using the corresponding language. You may use emojis in your comments. I reserve the right to neglect and delete comments in other languages.
I reserve the right to reject and delete spam and negative comments that can negatively affect the views, subscribers amount or my mood, with an email notice.
You may follow the email notice to attempt to correct your comment and send it again until approval. I do not limit the number of times of correction and resending. However, you shall not ignore reminders/warnings and repeat violations without any corrections or change identities.
In accordance with Section 12 of China Internet User Account Information Regulation and to further prevent spam/negative comments, the commenter’s approximate location based on IP addresses, with the precision of “State/Province, Country” provided by ISPs and Aiwen Technology, may be shown on your publicly-displayed comments and profile information.
This will not disclose your IP addresses. Unfortunately, the IP-based locations of all comments before 2023 are shown as ‘Unknown’.
10. Inspection and Content Review
I only review the content that displays on my services publicly artificially, including but not limited to comments, for any prohibited content.
However, I shall not check your private content, including but not limited to your confidential data entered on Ken's Study Planner and Ken’s Study IoT or your password, unless required by laws, regulations or authorities.
I shall not review your content on third-party platforms (outside my domains: kenstudyjourney.cn and kenstudyjourney.com, apps and embedded mini programs, etc.) without your permission.
In case of a service outage or misbehaviours (e.g. hacking), I reserve the right, at any time, to investigate logs stored on servers. Private information on logs shall be kept confidential, according to laws and regulations.
I may inspect modules, features and webpage content on my services randomly at any time to check for bugs, errors and unauthorised/illegal modifications by hackers.
In order to improve my website and services liability, I may, at any time, use Active Probing technology to check my website performance and loading speed in different cities in real time. The Active Probing service is provided by Chinese ISPs.
My servers and I actively monitor, remind and block, using technologies (e.g. Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI)), massive website hidden modules scanning requests threatening website and/or Internet security.
I reserve the right to actively monitor the links displayed, including user content (e.g. comments), at any time to enhance user experience and remove prohibited content, where expired links (prolonged 404 pages) and domain names (may be re-registered by illegal websites) may be modified or removed.
11. Fee, Sharing and Advertisement
All services are completely free of charge, non-profit and non-commercial without any advertisements or sponsors (i.e. volunteering using my free time).
Hence, I do not accept any form of paid business, commercial advertisement and sponsor enquiries or requests.
You are allowed to use an ad-blocker on your browsers and devices while using my services.
You may share, pass, and make copies of my content, including but not limited to my articles and PDF files, to your friends or any other people free of charge, unless noted otherwise.
However, you shall not resell them with monetisation or for commercial purposes without my permission.
12. Privacy and Cookies
I shall not collect or share your private information (e.g. ID Card Number) without your permission or legal requirements.
You have the right to control my privacy usage, including but not limited to viewing, modifying, correcting and deleting your data on my services, at any time.
More information and details are described in Privacy & Cookies Policy.
13. Third Parties
Third Parties are other entities, including but not limited to websites, companies, APIs and services other than me and you.
This includes my accounts on social media platforms, including but not limited to YouTube and Instagram.
Ken’s Study Journey services themselves are operated entirely by me (and, in some cases, with my classmates, etc.) and do not solely rely on any third party.
As described in Privacy & Cookies Policy, I shall only share some strictly necessary data for the provision of my services to third parties.
My services and I shall strictly follow the fair competition principle and use my real effort to get achievements. I shall not suppress other competitors. However, please note that I may overtake other competitors.
I shall have no responsibility for third-party links displayed on my services, including user content (e.g. comments).
My server’s IP addresses (including IPv4 and IPv6 addresses) are NOT my properties, which always belong to Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
14. Encouraged Content
You are allowed and encouraged to send positive content, including but not limited to:
- Article/Video requests;
- Feature requests on my services;
- Your problems on studying;
- Your suggestions and ideas;
- Point out my mistakes;
- Thank letters;
- Say “Hello!”;
- Festival greetings;
- Ask me for teaching some knowledge (if you are a student);
- Share your own experiences;
- Encourage others to study better;
- Share your study/productivity resources, including but not limited to your websites, blogs, and channels on video websites (e.g. YouTube channel).
Please note that other content not listed above and in Section 15 below may still be allowed, including external links not containing prohibited content.
15. Prohibited Content
Some countries, regions, cities, schools and colleges may block/ban negative content, websites, etc. to cease negative impacts. For this reason, your content on my services shall not include the prohibited content described below.
As a Chinese service provider and platform, your content shall obey China and your local laws and regulations.
By using my services, you agree not to post the following content:
Prohibited Content under China Regulations
All following content shall not be published, including Prohibited Content and Harmful Content.
(From Sections 6 and 7 in China Internet Information and Content Econology Administration Regulation)
- Opposing the basic principles defined in the constitution;
- Endangering national security, divulging state secrets, subverting state power and undermining national unity;
- Harming the honour and interests of the state;
- Distorting, vilifying, blaspheming or negating the deeds and spirit of heroes and martyrs, and infringing upon the names, portraits, reputation and honour of heroes and martyrs by insulting, slandering or other means;
- Propagating terrorism or extremism or inciting terrorist or extremist activities;
- Inciting national hatred and discrimination and undermining national unity;
- Undermining state religious policies and propagating cults and feudal Superstitions;
- Disseminating rumours and disturbing economic and social order;
- Disseminating obscenity, pornography, gambling, violence, murder, terror or abetting crime;
- Insulting or slandering others and infringing upon the reputation, privacy and other legitimate rights and interests of others;
- Other content prohibited by laws and administrative regulations in PRC (People's Republic of China).
- Using exaggerated titles, and the content is seriously inconsistent with the title;
- Hype gossip, scandal, bad deeds, etc;
- Improper comments on natural disasters, major accidents and other disasters;
- With sexual suggestion, sexual teasing, etc., which are easy to make people have sexual Association;
- Show people's physical and mental discomfort caused by blood, horror and cruelty;
- Inciting crowd discrimination, regional discrimination, etc;
- Propagating vulgar, vulgar and kitsch content;
- Content that may cause minors to imitate unsafe behaviours, violate social morality, induce minors' bad habits, etc;
- Other content that have an adverse impact on the network ecology.
Note: This text was translated from regulation text written in Chinese. The Chinese version shall take control in case of any translation errors in this section.
My Prohibited Content
My personal prohibited content consists of two categories: Spam Content and Negative Content.
As part of the prohibited content types, some examples of violations and suggestions for changes are also provided to provide for ease of understanding. Please note that the examples are fictitious.
The meaningless content, with the sole purpose of exerting unnecessary burden and occupying server/page storage space.
Advertisements of paid services or products, including but not limited to SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), Search Engine Page Ranking and Website Design;
For example: “Buy YouTube Videos - Link in Bio”
- Phishing scams;
Malicious codes and computer viruses;
Including but not limited to: XSS and SQL injection partial or full codes.
You may send codes to discuss programming problems, but you shall not send harmful codes.
For safety reasons, the codes will be escaped and hence will not be executed.
For example: “<script>alert("XSS attack");</script>”
- Large amount of repetitive content without positive meanings;
Exert unnecessary burden on others;
For example: “If you have time, you need to take more time to solve your website SEO problem.” Suggestion: “If you have time, I recommend you make SEO optimisations so it will attract more visitors.”
- Content completely unrelated to myself, my content (e.g. articles, videos), my resources (e.g. website, YouTube channel), my schools or educational institutions, my topics (e.g. studying, programming), etc.;
- Other meaningless spam content.
The content with potential negative impacts on myself, other students, other visitors, viewers and users, and other study resources.
Negatively impact the reputations of me, my school, my extra curriculum institutes, etc.;
For example: “You are wrong, I am a top student.”
Suggestion: “There are also some top students indeed, but I hope you can overtake them in the future.”
Interrupt me and others from studying normally without positive reasons;
For example: “Stop involution and you can’t overtake others.”
- Disrupt the order of keeping my website or server running normally;
- Copyright infringement, including but not limited to piracy or cracked software;
Suppress other competitors;
For example: “Your website is a **. You should look at his website: (website URL link).”
Laugh at or scold others;
For example: “Ha ha! I have got an A* in Computer Science (0478), but you only got an A.”
Suggestion: “Hope you can get an A* in Computer Science next time! Come on!”
Negatively comment on others’ weaknesses;
For example: “Many websites are making website SEO optimisation, but I discovered that your website is not optimised. This is not good.”
Suggestion: “Many websites are making website SEO optimisation and you can consider it too in your free time. This can encourage more people to search your content.”
Profanity, obscene or school bullying;
For example: “I am a fool.”
Suggestion: “Your study resources are amazing. You are my idle and I should learn from you.”
- Games, blogs, video website channels, etc. irrelevant to studying with negative impacts;
Encoded/Encrypted form of Prohibited Content, including but not limited to Base64, URL Encoding and Unicode containing Prohibited Content after decoding/decryption;
For example: “Base64: SSBhbSBhIGZvb2w=”, “%E6%88%91%E6%98%AF%E5%82%BB%E9%80%BC”
- Providing induced links to Prohibited Content and/or Images, including but not limited to external links majorly containing prohibited content;
- My other prohibited negative content.
You shall also not mix, sandwich or embed spam or negative content mentioned above into your legitimate (positive) content, or partially block sensitive/profanity words.
For example: “I really enjoy this article, tfhuacnkk you!”
Suggestion: “I really enjoy this article, thank you!”
If you have any doubts about whether certain content or behaviour is banned, you have the right to ask me and confirm.
I reserve the right to reject any prohibited content on my services during the moderation process with an email notice. You may correct your content and re-send them.
I also reserve the right to refuse to send notification emails for repeated violations or for using false (non-existent) email addresses.
16. Prohibited Actions
By using my services, you agree not to do the following without my permission:
- Illegally destroy or interfere my website, systems, or servers from functioning normally, including but not limited to (D)DoS and CC attacks;
- Circumvent my server’s security controls and gain access or permissions illegally (also known as Hacking), including but not limited to massive port scanning, password brute-force cracking, SSH, XSS and SQL injection;
- Massively scan non-existent hidden pages, modules and/or other vulnerabilities on my services, websites, apps, mini-programs, etc., including but not limited to account login pages, administration panel entrance, and open-source backend software/framework modules;
- Massively scan/crawl any private information, including but not limited to accounts, passwords, email addresses, and API keys;
- Leak my private/personal information;
- Send mass spam (unsolicited) or negative content to me by batch;
- Resell my free resources and monetise, or use them for commercial purposes;
- Buy and sell Ken’s Study Journey accounts;
- Trespass into my private areas;
- Trespass into my website’s backend or administration page, including but not limited to FTP, web admin page, SSH, remote desktop;
- Point your domain names to my server’s IP addresses;
- Make and publicise counterfeit (fake) Ken’s Study Journey websites, account login pages, apps, embedded mini programs, etc. to defraud visitors to defraud users;
- Send phishing emails impersonating my personal brand (Ken’s Study Journey) against users;
- Spread rumours about me, my website and resources with harmful effects;
- Impersonate me or my personal brand and use my identity, including but not limited to my name, head image, email address, and username, to create accounts or post content on other third-party websites and platforms;
- Intentionally inhibit others from using my services and resources, including but not limited to intending to prevent other users/students, under the same internal network and public IP address, by making your public IP address banned by violating Terms of Service;
- Massively upload or publish meaningless content or sign up for too many accounts on my services, with the sole purpose of occupying my servers’ storage space;
- Massively download large files from my services, with the sole purpose of occupying my servers’ Internet bandwidth;
- Hack into or control others’ Ken’s Study IoT account(s) and/or device(s) without permission;
- Upload advertisements or prohibited content on Ken’s Study Planner and/or Ken’s Study IoT and publicly share user accounts, API keys or links;
- Use false, other’s or non-existent email address(es) to post comments and/or sign up for accounts;
- Misuse Ken’s Study Journey personal brand logo and intentionally mislead users and threaten reputation.
17. Copyright and Content Licensing
By uploading and posting content on my services, you grant me a licence that is:
- Non-exclusive: You can license your content to others.
- Worldwide: The license is valid around the world.
- Royalty-free: There is no monetary fee to use your license.
The license allows me to do the following on your content:
- Store and transfer your content among my web servers;
- Display your content publicly on my services, including but not limited to your comments, but not including your private data on Ken’s Study Planner and Ken’s Study IoT.
However, I shall not claim any of your content uploaded and posted on my services.
By using my services and apps, I grant you a license that is Personal, Non-exclusive, Worldwide and Royalty-free to download, install, run and use the services and apps.
My services and apps are subject to update at any time for new features and security purposes. You are obligated to check for the latest versions of my apps. The old versions of my apps may not be usable after the release of an update.
My content is copyrighted unless noted otherwise, including but not limited to:
- My videos and vlogs;
- My posts on third-party social media platforms (this may vary among platforms);
- Ken’s Study Planner and Ken’s Study IoT (website and app, freeware);
- My website interface;
- My website articles, including its translations and audio articles;
- My free resources (e.g. PDF files);
- My slogans;
- My posters and banners (e.g. Great Study Habits are Productive posters);
- My home bedroom design and decorations;
- My desktop backgrounds;
- My invented study techniques;
- My template files.
You are allowed to read, play, download, print out, apply and imitate (e.g. in your bedroom), perform, publicly show and share my content without my permission and without credit, and for educational purposes unless noted otherwise.
You may make derivatives on and republish my content without my permission, with the following credit where possible:
- Article/Resource Link (e.g. https://www.kenstudyjourney.cn/en/inventions/), where possible
- Author’s Name (By: Ken Deng) and/or “Ken’s Study Journey”, backlinking to the website
You shall not do the following on my content without my permission:
- reblog or republish without any credit;
- remove copyright symbols or identifiers;
- reclaim as your own projects (also Academic Dishonesty);
- for commercial purposes (i.e. resell and monetise).
If you have any doubts about whether my content can be used in a specific way, you have the right to contact me and confirm.
If you discover my content, including but not limited to my articles, infringes your copyright, you may contact me and I shall delete or credit them as soon as possible.
18. Termination and Violations
I understand that some students do not have adequate listening, reading and language comprehension skills and hence may violate terms and rules by mistakes.
I will give you criticism and education, a reminder (or a warning for the most severe cases) for the first violation, and I will give you a chance to correct your errors. Such violated content shall be deleted.
I reserve the right to restrict certain features (“Feature Restriction”), ban entire user accounts (“Account Ban”), display violations and/or notify authorities for repeated violations of the Terms of Service without any corrections after receiving reminders and/or warnings within a short period to cease negative impacts to the services and community, including:
- Feature Restriction with Education: Ban certain feature(s), not impacting the use of other features, until you complete education and exercise provided (or wait for 30 days);
- Feature Restriction with Reflection: Ban certain feature(s), not impacting the use of other features, for a limited time, ranging from 1 hour up to 30 days;
- Account Ban with Education: Ban the entire account until you complete education and exercise provided (or wait for 30 days);
- Account Ban with Reflection: Ban the entire account for a limited time, ranging from 1 hour up to 30 days;
- Display Violations: Publicly display examples of violations using Reminder Boards or Notices. However, private information remains confidential.
- Notify Authorities: By checking IP addresses, notify relevant schools and/or authorities.
Unless required by laws, regulations or authorities, or in case of re-registered (or similar) accounts after an account ban, I shall:
- not ban any user accounts or certain features for more than 30 days or permanently;
- not ban your user account for the first violation;
- not ban any IP addresses or devices (except for Tor’s IP addresses);
- notify you, with detailed reasons and an appeal form, when you violate my Terms of Service.
All re-registered accounts after a feature/account ban will also be banned, using the same penalty on the first account, until the ban removal of the first account.
Accounts after rejected appeals for violations may be appealed again after a day (24 hours) from the time of failure. The number of appeals is not limited and failed appeal decisions are not final.
Ken’s Study Journey reserves the right to increase the ban period, not exceeding the maximum amount above, for each repeated violation for users with repeated violations after the feature/account ban removal.
The ban period may be restored to the initial state for stopped repeated violations over a long period, ranging from months to years.
In the event that your account is hacked and used for misbehaviours, and you did not perform such action(s), you may appeal with measures including reminders, warnings and bans. The restrictions on your account, if any, may be removed and the first hacker may be penalised. In some cases, your account may be locked until you secure your account.
You may delete your account by clicking “Delete Account” on Ken’s Study Planner or Ken’s Study IoT “Settings”, unsubscribe from my newsletter, delete browser Cookies, and stop accessing my website if you intend to not use my services in the future at any time.
The Terms of Service shall be terminated in the event of the cancellation of my services.
Measures for Common Violations
I reserve the right to delay moderating/reviewing and replying to your content, where meaningless content may be neglected, for intentionally repeating sending a large amount of prohibited content causing me too much burden.
I reserve the right to report counterfeit Ken Deng or Ken's Study Journey websites or phishing emails to ensure students have a safe studying experience and environment.
The login pages on my services involve robot/crawler detection and prevention system. My system reserves the right to place additional CAPTCHA verification codes for such suspected traffic.
My server nodes involve security monitoring and control systems (like fuses in circuits)， which will present an Emergency Internet Disconnection and notify me under continuous hacking or (D)DoS/CC attack attempts to protect your data security.
In case of pointing your domain names to my server’s IP addresses, my servers and ISPs reserve the right to drop such malicious requests and keep logs. Ken’s Study Journey reserves the right to send abuse complaints to domain name registrars (displayed on WHOIS directory).
The system may automatically remind scanners and crawlers of website hidden modules. Any continuous scans/crawls after reminders may be displayed publicly, on Reminder Board of Threatening Ken's Study Journey Website/Internet Security, for a limited time.
Ken’s Study Journey and systems reserve the right to track users, based on similarities of behaviours, with repeated violations and evasion of tracking, including but not limited to frequently changing IP addresses, registering multiple accounts and using other’s account(s).
In case of a severe (D)DoS and/or CC attack causing severe service interruptions, I may send abuse complaints to ISPs, Notify authorities, and/or Report to cyber police (Internet police), depending on the severity.
(D)DoS and/or CC attack is illegal in some countries or regions, even if it is an illegal website.
If the attack(s) cause severe service interruptions, the attacker may be subject to legal responsibility and even commit crimes.
The correct way to solve a problem is to use polite language to contact the platform, providing your suggestions (i.e. how to improve their services) in the first step.
I pay my maximum effort to ensure the liability of my services. Unfortunately, there is no warranty that my services 100% work normally at any time. My services may have outages for some reason.
You may, at any time, check my service status on the Status Page (status.kenstudyjourney.cn).
In the event of an outage in my services, I will fix it as soon as possible, but it may take a few hours to fix, please be patient.
I will not indemnify you for some inexorable situations, including but not limited to:
- My website, server, or systems have been hacked;
- My server crashed for some reason (e.g. (D)DoS/CC attack occupying large bandwidth);
- My website is temporarily out of service for special reasons (e.g. potential security hazards);
- There is a natural disaster (e.g. Conflagration, Earthquake, Flooding);
- There is an error on the computer system (e.g. power failure, scheduled maintenance, software error, Internet cable failure, computer viruses);
- The storage space is completely full on your device(s) so that new content cannot be stored;
- Your internet connection is slow or unstable, especially in public WiFi networks;
- My services are incompatible with your devices, browsers and/or operating systems;
- You have violated the Terms of Service.
There is no warranty that my services are compatible with all operating systems and device models. Due to technical limitations, my services may not function properly with outdated or incompatible operating systems (e.g. Windows 2000 or earlier), devices or browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer).
I shall have no responsibility for third-party links displayed on my services and for any errors made on the displayed content on my services, including but not limited to skipping, being absent or late in classes.
The content displayed on my services is on an ‘as is’ basis and is for reference only. The servers, browsers and the Internet infrastructure may not be completely tolerant of error-free. There is no warranty that all content on my website is correct.
The Related Knowledge and it’s animations and images, with green top banners for videos/vlogs or green boxes for articles, are for ease of understanding and reference only, especially for non-student users. They may be incomplete and there is no warranty that such information is 100% correct.
You shall indemnify me if you violate the Terms of Service and disrupt my orders with unexpected monetary or property loss.
If I damage or destroy your things severely while using my services properly, I also have to indemnify you. You can make a request for your severe damage. The maximum amount of indemnifying of each time is 1,000 CNY. For example, my website and my apps may damage your devices due to severe bugs.
21. Anti-Fake and Anti-Phishing
My website (kenstudyjourney.cn) has been through the China Internet Content Provider (ICP) registration process. Users in China may check my website’s ICP registration on the Ministry of Industry and Information and Technology (MIIT) of China website (beian.miit.gov.cn) to identify and prevent fake websites.
I shall provide a phishing protection feature and technology on my services to guard against counterfeit emails and notifications, including the Email Unique Code on the email footer which can be checked on Check Email Validity Page. However, I shall have no responsibility for such loss from phishing emails.
My domain name has set up SPF and DMARC protection DNS records to prevent email senders from impersonating my domain name.
All fake emails impersonating my domain name will be quarantined to your email’s Spam/Junk folder or rejected, and the ISP of the email receiver reserves the right to send me a report based on the DMARC rules.
Emails from Ken’s Study Journey must end with:
- @kenstudyjourney.cn (when contacting me)
- @email-send.kenstudyjourney.cn (system emails)
In case you have doubts about emails received claiming to be Ken’s Study Journey (including but not limited to Ken’s Study Planner, Ken’s Study IoT and Ken’s Study Newsletter), and/or suspect it is a fake email, you have the right to forward the email to my email address shown in Contact Page, adding “Ken’s Study Journey Email Verification”, to verify and/or report.
Ken’s Study Journey is based in the People's Republic of China (PRC). You shall comply with laws and regulations in the PRC by using my services. The laws and regulations in China shall take control if there are conflicts in laws and regulations among countries/regions.
You shall not send any prohibited content mentioned in Section 15 above and of your local laws and regulations.
The Terms of Service is regulated by laws and regulations in PRC. I may change my Terms of Service and other documents under the PRC laws.
If my Terms of Service conflict with your local laws and regulations, you shall obey your local laws and regulations and please contact me.
The location of the signature of this agreement is in Zengcheng District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, People’s Republic of China.
23. Headquarters, Branches and Server Nodes
The headquarters, main server node and core servers of Ken’s Study Journey are in Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, People’s Republic of China.
Server nodes include edge servers and core servers, where both may exist in the same node.
Edge servers are only responsible for files and public data cache and distribution and private data forwarding for nearby visitors, where private user data shall be deleted immediately and shall not be retained after processing.
Core servers are responsible for core services, without direct Internet connections, including but not limited to data storage, encryption and decryption, calculation, and shall only be located in China Mainland in principle to enhance data security.
Ken’s Study Journey may add, remove and modify additional branches and server nodes and/or their locations to expand the services in different locations, study overseas and to improve service liability. This may include branches and server nodes outside the China Mainland.
All branches, server nodes and services are regulated by Ken’s Study Journey Guangzhou, China headquarters.
The Ken’s Study Journey server nodes are all self-built and/or self-rent, not using any third-party CDN (Content Delivery Network) services, to ensure content originality and data security.
I reserve the right to update the Terms of Service at any time.
In the event of a new version of Terms of Service, I shall notify you, including but not limited to using email newsletter and website notice area (orange blocks).
By continuing to use my services after the policies update, you agree with their new versions. If you do not agree with the new policies, you shall stop to use my services before the effective date(s).
25. About the Terms
If you have any questions or doubts about the terms, please contact me and I will help you to understand them.
I reserve the right to interpret these Terms of Service.
26. Definitions of Proper Nouns
Small text files (often encrypted) stored on browsers and apps.
They may contain login information, your preferences, activity records, etc.
The meaningless content, with the sole purpose of exerting unnecessary burden and occupying server/page storage space.
The content with potential negative impacts on myself, other students, other visitors and viewers, and other study resources.
(Distributed) Denial of Service ((D)DoS) Attack
An attack on website servers or user computers involving the material occupation of the Internet bandwidth, causing servers or computers to malfunction.
Creative Commons (CC) License
A type of copyright license that allows authors and creators to allow others to use, edit and/or remix their content, depending on the license types.
However, you must include credits when you use others’ CC-licensed materials.
For more information, please visit www.creativecommons.org
Internet Content Provider (ICP) Registration
A rigorous registration measure for website owners to prevent online prohibited/illegal content or activities and fake websites based on China regulations.
Registered websites must display the registration number (e.g. 粤ICP备xxxxxxxx号 for Guangdong Province) at the bottom of the website home page, linking to the China MIIT official website (beian.miit.gov.cn) for public verification.
The Internet Data Centre (IDC) building containing one or more servers (e.g. web servers, email servers, databases), edge servers and core servers, for online services.
The server(s) that are only responsible for files and public data cache and distribution and private data forwarding between nearby visitors and Core Servers, where internal networks are used for Core Servers. Connection to the Internet is necessary.
The server(s) are responsible for core services, including but not limited to data storage, encryption and decryption, and calculation.
The identity (ID) representing each user granting access to Ken’s Study Journey services registered on the website, app or mini-program including user names (email addresses, phone numbers and/or third-party information) and passwords.
Content Delivery Network (CDN)
The network containing many Edge Server(s) in many locations around the world connected to multiple Internet Service Providers (ISPs), increasing website loading speed and reducing latency to nearby visitors.
Users are directed to the nearest/optimal Edge Server(s) in principle. The outage of one Server Node does not affect the services by redirections to other available and operational Edge Server(s).
Old Version Archives
1 Sep. 2023 (current)