This is the update logs for my website since 2019. In the latest 6.0 in 2021, it brought many new features for you to improve your studying experience.
Note: Logs before version 6.0 (26 June 2021) may be vague or inaccurate because there were no logs during that period.
These are the bugs and issues currently exist on my website, but I don't have time to fix them now as I am busy on studying, or I cannot think about the logic to fix them in a short time.
No known issues right now. The bugs are reported automatically if there are some issues occured.
ver 7.1.1 (Current, Latest)
20 November 2022
- Added large image display in articles (click to display).
24 July 2022
- Simplified some languages.
- Added some polite languages.
- Changed some buttons to small blue buttons.
14 July 2022
- Added Accessibility feature (Chinese version only; using a Chinese API).
13 June 2022
- Deleted all low-quality and useless previous articles.
- Merged pages and articles to prevent duplicated content.
- Moved navigation bar into the top and added Dark Mode switch.
- Refined and simplified the home page.
6 June 2022
- Fixed a bug that some prompts in blue are hard to see when dark mode is on.
- Fixed a bug that the left/right arrow displays on phones even when the scroll bar is scrolled past the ends.
4 June 2022
- Added Pinterest sharing hover button.
- Adjusted the sequence order of buttons at the end of each article.
- Fixed a bug that the violet font may not be clear in dark modes.
2 June 2022
- Added gzip encoding to save user's mobile data, bandwidth, and boost the website loading speed.
12 May 2022
- Added more icons at the end of articles.
- Changed the name and icon of Notice section on the sidebar.
- Added a welcome page for new users to start their study journey easily.
- Fixed a data mis-synchronisation error among servers on articles like/dislike module.
- Added "All Articles" page.
- Added float like/dislike buttons for computers.
- Added Recommended Articles section.
- Added left and right arrow buttons on the top submenu.
- New visitors with unusual User-agent, especially for search engines, will not be recorded on my website statistics.
4 May 2022
- Fixed a bug that some users are slow to open my website if reCAPTCHA module is failed to load.
3 May 2022
- Fixed a bug that the top bar disappears on phones when the menu is opened and the banner is activated.
- Added Dark Mode toggle at the top of articles.
- Added more icons above articles and on the sidebar.
- Added language options and title on GDPR Cookies banner.
- Added unsubscribe instructions on the email newsletter subscription boxes.
6 March 2022
- Urgently fixed a security issue: Fixed a typo on "Powered by GoDaddy" link on footer.
30 January 2022
- Added a display of my server's node name and number at the bottom.
- Added 2 extra servers, a backup server at China and another server in the UK that accelerates people's experience in western countries.
- Fixed some description errors on website title, home page and About page.
10 January 2022
- You don't have to wait until the email is sent when sending comments.
- Added a brand-new IPv6 badge. (Blue: IPv6 not supported on your network, Green: You are using IPv6 now) You can click and try it: IPv6
- Changed the main title on home page to "A* Flies to the Sky, Making your Future Bright!" which can be more attractive.
5 November 2021
- Added emails of comment notifications to anti-phishing feature with unique codes
- Changed email anti-phishing check validity page to your device’s time zone
- You can download my files without going to Resources Download page
- Shortened URLs for articles and knowledge explanations for search engines
- Raised the Bandwidth and supported 5G network and 1,000M bandwidth (maximum download speed raised to 10 MB/s)
- Added a prompt for copying links or using browser's share button when sharing my articles on phone or iPad
- Fixed a bug that the links lights up when hovering during dark mode
- Updated Terms of Service, preventing unauthorised domain name pointing to my IP address, fradulent websites and phishing emails
- Regulated the robots.txt file to prevent crawling sensitive files like PHP files
- Depreciated: I will not write and publish more knowledge explanations in Chemistry (9701, 0620) since I dropped this course.
7 October 2021
- Added IPv6 and HTTP/2 support to take advange of the latest technology
- Added Content Security Policy header to prevent XSS attack
- Changed HSTS security header from half a year to 1 year
- Enforced SNI on HTTPS
- Fixed a bug that Pinterest sharing button is not working
- Fixed a bug that QR code sharing feature on Chinese articles still shares English articles
22 September 2021
- Fixed a bug that images of my articles are loading very slowly
- Fixed a bug that menu is clipped on small phone screens (e.g. iPhone 5)
- Made the phone menu scrollable and changed it back to its previous style on website 5.0
- Disabled images lazy load feature
18 August 2021
- Changed the menu bar into Apple rounded rectangle style
- Added dark mode for non-Apple devices and OS
- Moved the menu button at the bottom-right corner (does not conflict with iOS 15 Safari tab bar at bottom)
- Added knowledge explanation
- Added update logs
- Removed WordPress that slows down my website speed with unnecessary codes and features
- Updated home page that directly shows my latest content
- Updated interface which was inspired by Apple products and website
- Changed the structure on my website, from article-intensive to resource-intensive with some new-designed pages
- Added polite error pages and 404 Not Found page
- Further optimised for SEO
- Added hoping bar and disclaimers at the bottom of each page
19 June 2021
- Added email anti-phishing feature with unique codes (I invented this)
- Added audio articles (English only)
Date unknown in March 2021
- Improved the sharing buttons
- Added QR code sharing
- Removed highlighters as it is very time-consuming
- Removed Gravatar API
- Added email newsletter again
- Added dark mode for Apple devices
13 September 2020
- Changed the name of my personal brand to Ken’s Study Journey
- Changed the domain name of my website to www.kenstudyjourney.com
- Added highlighters in articles
- Deleted all articles unrelated to studying
- Added human review for comments to further reduce spam comments
- Removed email newsletter
- Added testimonials
18 August 2020
- Removed Cloudflare from my website
- Migrated my website to a Chinese host: Tencent Cloud to further boost the loading speed and reduce latency on my website
- Removed Jetpack
Date unknown in July 2020
- Removed some animations from the website
- Added logo rotating animation on the menu (it represents my logo is central symmetry)
- Removed some unnecessary parts from home page
- Upgraded reCAPTCHA to v3
- Added CCPA Do Not Sell my Personal Information button and request page
- Added icons in buttons and menus (by FontAwesome)
Date unknown in December 2019
- Added some animations on the interface and buttons
- Changed the colour of the interface to violet
- Designed and made my 2020 logo
- Optimised with SEO
- Enhanced like/dislike feature
- Added free resources downloading feature
Date unknown in September 2019
- Hid my email address with reCAPTCHA in contact page to prevent spam emails attack by robots
- Added Brand Resources and Logos page
7 June, 2019
- Change the host to GoDaddy
- Updated interface with more information of me on the home page
- Added reCAPTCHA v2 tickbox to further prevent spam comments
- Added Cloudflare to boost the loading speed of my website
- Added Chinese language to give convenience for foreigners to practice Chinese and Chinese people who cannot use English
- Designed and made my personal logo
- Added Academic Honesty Reminder and pop up reminders
- Added maintenance and error pages
- Added like/dislike feature
- Added Autonavi Map API
Date unknown in April 2019
- Updated interface with a slider on home page and better menu bar
- Added professional domain email with Zoho mail
- Added Back to Top button at the bottom-right corner
9 March, 2019
- Added GDPR Cookie banner
- Added red banner on the top
- Changed to a real domain www.kendeng1603.com (still exists now, but used for redirecting)
- Add a page that introduces Phoenix City, Guangzhou
14 February, 2019
- Website interface initialised
- Started to using a host: WordPress.com with a domain name kendeng1603.wordpress.com (now expired and deleted as the entire WordPress.com is now blocked in China)
- Added home page, about page and contact page
- Started to write articles
- Added Akismet to prevent spam comments
- Added sharing buttons and social media buttons
- Added Jetpack and Gravatar
- Enabled HTTPS (provided by the host)
Your comment has been posted successfully, but it needs to be audited by myself artificially to prevent spam and negative comments.
Please wait for a few days. You will receive an email once your comment has been replied.